Understanding Digital Signage
1. What is digital signage?
Digital signage is a flexible, easy-to-control electronic display that shows television programming, menus, information, advertising and other dynamic messages. Digital signs can be found in stadiums, retail stores, hotels, restaurants, airports, hospitals and corporate buildings, amongst other locations.
2. How can digital signage benefit my business?
- Sales uplift by up to 25%
- Ability to change items or prices in seconds
- Around 30% of consumers who see an in-store video purchase an unplanned item
- Up to 10 times more eye contact than static signage
- Perceived waiting time drops by 35%
3. What type of content can I show on my digital screens?
- Animated templates and theme
- High-definition video files
- Images: Standard web formats like .JPEG, .GIF and .PNG
- Live TV from cable box, satellite, DVD player, etc.
- Websites and web pages
- RSS or live feeds (Twitter)
- Calendars, dates, clocks, weather, traffic, social media, etc.
- Alert notifications
4. Is it only for big projects?
No, our system has been developed to easily scale your digital signage network as you require, from 1 screen to a 1,000.
5. What do I need to get started?
Ping HD provides with all the necessary materials and services to create and install your digital signage. From the HD screens, media players and content design to cabling, mounting materials and installation. Our system only needs a standard fixed or mobile internet connection to get up and running.
6. What if I already have a screen installed?
Ping HD recommends and provides suitable hardware based on the application (menu boards, wayfinding, video wall, etc). If you decide to migrate to Ping HD’s solutions, you won’t have to buy new hardware. Additionally, if you would rather use your existing Windows PCs, no problem, we can support them too.
7. What if I want to update my screens from another location?
Manage your network from any location. Using a standard web-browser, you can log in to your digital signage network from anywhere in the world and manage your content and players. All access to our platform is monitored and recorded, enabling usage to be audited as required.
8. Do I have to buy special software?
No, our system is built in the cloud so there is no need to install and maintain expensive servers to run your digital signage network.
9. How often do I need to update the system?
Our platform is updated several times a year and all of our customers automatically receive the latest new features, at no extra cost.
10. How much does digital signage cost?
Ping HD provides affordable solutions for your business. Every project is different and we plan according to your needs. Let’s talk!
Free Consultation from the Experts
Let us know your business objectives and we will develop a digital strategy tailored to your needs.